Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

My friend Lindsay Stobbe sent me this recipe, and of course I don't remember the cook book it came out of, but oh my. It's divine. Our new favorite!

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. lime juice (I used the juice from 3 limes)
1 T. chili powder (I only used about 1 t.)
1/2 t. garlic powder (ick. I used real garlic.)
1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded (To cook and shred my chicken, I put them in my Crock Pot and cooked on low with some chicken broth.)

Mix first 4 ingredients and marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes

2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
1 c. half and half (but why not just use heavy whipping cream? Mmm. . . )
flour tortillas
colby jack cheese

Mix enchilada sauce with half and half. Put a bit in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Wrap tortillas with marinated chicken and some cheese. Roll and place seam side down in pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

I promise you'll love these.

No comments:

Post a Comment