Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cream Cheese Chicken in a Pot

If you don't already have this as part of your working recipe repertoire, make it one. It's absolutely divine, so easy, and so bad for you.

Cream Cheese Chicken in a Pot:

4 chicken breasts (I use frozen tenders, about 10)
1 cube margarine (I hate margarine, but it must be done for this recipe)
1 envelope dry Italian seasoning mix
1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, room temperature
1 can cream of chicken soup
milk to consistency

Place chicken in bottom of a crock pot.
In small bowl, melt margarine in microwave. Add Italian seasoning mix and whisk together. Pour over chicken in crock pot.
Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours.
Shred chicken with a couple of forks (sometimes I drain out some of the margarine before I shred the chicken to make myself feel a little better about this recipe).
In a medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, soup, and milk to a creamy mixture (almost runny). Add to chicken in crock pot. Mix. Turn to low, and continue cooking/warming for about a half hour.
Serve over rice.

I serve this with steamed broccoli. It's truly divine.

Oh, and I'm going to start taking pictures. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment